Who Gets Skin Tags?
Skin tags, do not require a specialist and Skin tag removal can are done by both dermatologists and general practitioners. Skin tags are primarily found in areas where the skin folds, i.e., on the neck, armpits and groin or. However; skin tag growths can appear on the genitals of both men and women.
Most often appearing in adulthood, skin tags become more prevalent as persons get older. The elderly are not the only group vulnerable even babies and toddlers have been reported with having skin tags in their underarm and neck regions. Small boys have been known to also have them most likely because of circumcision.
Skin tags come about because of friction with the skin where sections of skin rub against each other or even clothing. Skin tag disorder will occur more frequently in overweight or obese people, even when the weight gain is for a short period of time. Pregnant women is another group who may also be at a higher risk of developing skin tags. Science suggests that during pregnancy, the higher levels of hormone in the body make skin tags more feasable.
While there are several options available for removal of skin tags, some skin tag removal can be unsuccessful. For example, in freezing off or burning the affected area, leaves the possibility that it may reappear and hence, treatment may need to be repeated. Cauterizing the tags usually proves to be a more effective method as it not only destroys it but alson destroys any pending ones beneath the surface of the skin. Treatment is generally expensive though. Skin tags may even fall off without actually needing treatment. Often skin tags get twisted as one carries out their personal care habits or normal day to day activities. If skin tags fall off naturally, it will not bleed.
Generally, the decision to remove skin tags is entirely up to the person suffering from the condition. For the most part, it has not been established that the removal of it causes them to reoccur. Nonetheless, persons who have had skin tags may find they are more susceptible to developing skin tags again.
Skin tags are not benign for the most part. While painless, they are not visually pleasing so persons may want tag removal for aesthetic reasons or for their own self confidence.
Skin tags appear to be more common in:
- people who are overweight and obese
- those with diabetes
- women during pregnancy, possibly due to hormonal changes and high levels of growth factors
those with some types of human papilloma virus (HPV)
- people with a sex-steroid imbalance, especially if there are changes in levels of estrogen and progesterone
- those whose close family members also have skin tags
- Studies have found that skin tags are more likely to occur with:
- dyslipidemia, for example, high cholesterol levels
- hypertension, or high blood pressure
- They have also been linked to insulin resistance and elevated high-sensitive C-reactive protein, a marker of inflammation. This suggests that skin tags may offer an external sign of an increased risk of insulin resistance, metabolic syndrome, atherosclerosis and cardiovascular disease.
Best way for tags treatment
===> REVITOL is one of the best treatments available to removal of skin tags.